DIY Easy Peanut Butter Pupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Holidays make for a busy kitchen - don't let your pup feel left behind! These pupcakes are quick, easy, delicious and safe. They are also a great way to involve your pup in the holidays and make an adorable gift for your pups best friends!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yields: 18 pupcakes (ingredients can be halved to make approximately 9 pupcakes.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line each cupcake well with a cupcake liner; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low - medium speed, beat peanut butter, oil, bananas, honey and eggs until just combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix on medium speed until just combined. Scoop batter into each lined cupcake well about 1/2 - 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow pupcakes to cool to room temperature before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, beat Neufchâtel cheese, peanut butter and milk until just combined. Note: If frosting is too wet, add a tablespoon of cheese at a time. If frosting is too dry, add a teaspoon of milk at a time.
- Spread frosting over each cupcake. Top with any crunchy dog treat.
A big thank you to Urban Bakes for this recipe.