Orders are processed in the order in which they are received. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking information when your order has been shipped.
This 100% cotton fabric face mask has filter pockets and also comes with a matching lanyard. Handmade in the USA.
- Lanyard length: 24 inches
- Matching 100% cotton lanyard allows you to remove your mask without losing it and keep it hanging comfortably around your neck
- Silver, swivel-hooks on end of lanyard
These cotton fabric face masks are for general use. They feature elastic (untied) bands that you can knot to your preferred size and a filter pocket (read below for more information on filters you can use in this pocket). They are a general fit for most adults. These are not medical masks and do not protect against COVID-19. They can be used when you are away from home and out in public such as going to the grocery store, dog walking, or running important errands. It is not recommended to leave your home unless necessary!
These masks were sewn based on Dr. Chen Guanting's post on fabric masks. Dr. Chen Guanting notes that if you're not actually sick, a fabric mask will suffice as a form of general protection, as long as there is a non-woven layer inside the mask. The non-woven layer acts as a filter.
Yes, these masks have a filter pocket inside which it is suggested to place a non-woven layer.
What can you use for the non-woven layer (to put in the pocket)?
The easiest material would be gauze from the pharmacy (non woven), dried out wet wipes (unscented), or brand new polyester floor wipes (dry ones). Some have also suggested pantyliners.
- While fabric masks will not offer the full protection of a surgical mask, regular fabric masks (referring to ones without filter pockets) have shown to be able to capture at least 50% of 0.02 micron Bacteriophage MS2 particles (5 times smaller than the coronavirus). Source: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/best-materials-make-diy-face-mask-virus/
- CDC has recommended homemade masks (referring to the ones without filter pocket) when medical grade PPE supplies are exhausted. Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/face-masks.html
- As part of efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19, China, Taiwan, HK have encouraged universal mask-wearing (ie, not just for the sick). Czech Republic has also followed suit-- in the words of the Mayor of Prague: "Whether you have medical masks, self-made masks, or use a scarf, anything is better than nothing.” Source: https://www.praguemorning.cz/face-masks-now-mandatory-in-all-prague-shops-and-offices/
- Wash fabric masks daily
- Replace non-woven layer with a fresh one-- do not reuse!
- Do not wear masks if you have respiratory illnesses
- Wash your hands often
- Save the surgical masks for medical professionals who are on the front line of healthcare, and use them only when you need to
- Always supervise children when they are wearing masks and lanyards. Woof + Wonder cannot be held responsible for any injuries sustained by unsupervised persons wearing masks or lanyards